Preserving Memories

I had a framed piece of needlework that my Grandmother GG had made for her office when she worked at Lufkin State Bank that didn't work well with my decor.  The red mat that framed each piece was faded and I didn't want to hang it on the wall anymore.  I decided to take the artwork apart and re-frame it for my collage wall in the entry way of my home.  Here is the needlepoint before:



And here is her signature on the back of the frame which I cut out to tape inside the new frame for my kids:


I taped each piece to the new mat and had to use old greeting cards to make the mat just a little larger. 


And after I had this:


Which works so nicely on my collage wall.


I can now enjoy my Grandmother's needlepoint with a few other treasurers.  Ahhhhhhh




No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS