Craigslist Upcycle of Rattan Chairs

I'm in the middle of wanting to redo my home from the 90s and early 2000s jewel tone colors and go for a more serene beachy feel.  I've slowly been giving my "old" furniture and decorations to my adult children, Blake and his wife Brandi and our daughter Brianne while collecting new (old) treasurers.  Since downsizing to a home that is 1/2 the size of our former home I'm finding that our large-scale furniture simply doesn't work in some of the smaller rooms.  I just hate to buy expensive furniture and then get it home and decide that I don't really like how it fits or the look of the room.  As my taste is evolving I decided to find temporary pieces for some rooms that would work for while my new taste gets defined.  One such treasure was this pair of barrel-back rattan chairs.  I found these on Craigslist and decided to give them a shabby look using chalk paint and a fabric remnant that I found at Hancocks.  Here is one of the chairs before:


I freshened them up with a nice white and then recovered the seat in less than five minutes!  Here is the after:



I then used fabric paint and stenciled this french design on duck cloth and inserted a pillow form.


All in all I'm happy with my CL upcycle.  Now, if I could just "play" in my paints and fabrics all day!  I'm sure I'm not the only one who wishes she could get paid for her hobby!!


2 comments:

  1. I get to be the first to comment! SWEET!! You always remember your first... ;)

    Love your chairs, adore your pillow, and I've seen that chalk paint recipe floating around pinterest. Now that it's got your seal of approval, I'm totally trying it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Rebecca! I'm honored that you are my first! You will love using the chalk paint. Super easy and quick.

      Delete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS